Archive for March 19th, 2012
Hi, you’ve reached Puddintopia.com. I’m sorry I have nothing interesting to offer you today, but I spent my day at a customer site for work contemplating their problems rather than titillating post topics to bring you a smidgen of insight and (potentially) a few idle chuckles. We apologize for the lack of decent material today and hope you will return tomorrow for the resumption of your regular daily dose of puddiny nonsense.
In the meantime, we here at Puddintopia.com are happy to suggest several activities which we feel likely to compare favorably as a substitute for reading this blog. Those include, but are not limited to:
flossing your teeth, polishing your shoes, doing your federal income taxes, counting bathroom tiles, or watching paint dry skydiving, bungee jumping, receiving your income tax return deposit, or finding some liquor-soaked leprechaun’s pot of gold at the end of a double rainbow.
Also, while, yes, it was a perfectly lovely afternoon for a drive to a offsite location an hour and a half away, all that pleasant windows-down, wind-in-my-hair travel time doesn’t quite make up spending 6 hours in a windowless room with concrete floors watching a software installer’s progress bar inch forward. As an added bonus, while enjoying my complimentary expense-paid lunch of Chipotle soft tacos, several stripes of black bean, um, “juice” spontaneously assaulted my customer-friendly collared shirt, insuring that I’d spend all afternoon looking like Homer Simpson at the all-you-can-eat taco bar.
Chalk one up in the personal shame column.
Anyway, Puddin’s sorry he missed your visit. Hopefully, the next time you stop by there might be something worthwhile to read. Or at least as “worthwhile” as usual.
If you’d like to leave a message, wait for the beep and then add a comment below. Puddin will get back to you at his earliest possible convenience, (i.e., once he’s changed his bean-covered shirt, put the kids to bed, and had a beer). If you require urgent assistance, seriously, what are you reading this blog for? Get help, doofus!
You are currently browsing the archives for Monday, March 19th, 2012
Find a rambling
Project Tennyson (Draft Zero)33622 / 50000 chapters. 67.5% done!
Today’s Top Ramblings
- Weekend Debate: Kindle Fire HD vs Nook HD Tablets
- Look, I read a book: Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed
- A movie in 100 words or less: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- The (dreaded) Mandatory Science Fair Project
- Questions I Want Answers To: Where are we getting all these delicious pumpkins?
- A haiku for the 2013 Cincinnati Reds
- A mundane haiku, because it's been awhile since I haiku'd
- A movie in 100 words or less: Much Ado About Nothing
- How to preempt a fledgling head cold
- The Road Runner [Acceleratii incredibus]
- Awesome (& helpful)! Needs sci-fi, though! RT @BookaliciousPam: A great reading infographic for some cool kidlit. bit.ly/18iIwpZ 2 hours ago
- Thoughts from this weekend's revisioning: "Did someone slip mescaline into my iced tea before I wrote this? Is it even English?" 5 hours ago
- RT @NikaHarper: If you get stuck writing, think of a single, random detail. Then imagine why it's there. 6 hours ago
- Stood outside in sub-30 degree weather for 5 hours today (the things we do for our kids). I'm exhausted from just trying to make body heat. 19 hours ago
- When oldest son asked to go to a Bengals game for his bday, I didn't realize it would mean buying a new pair of thermals. #immafreeze 1 day ago
‘Cause Tag Clouds are Fun3-way agents A Memory of Light A movie in 100 words baseball beer birthday blogging Blue Ash Chili books brownies Catholicism Christmas Cincinnati Cincinnat Reds Coffee Cub Scouts dark chocolate Dixie Chili Dr. Seuss fall Famine goals goodreads haiku heat Hoperatives ice cream Kids Labor Day Life limerick little league Longshots m & m's Monday Mother's Day movies NaNoWriMo Netflix novel novels oompa loompas OTHER THING Pinewood Derby pitch contests Pitch Madness Project Macaroni publishing puddintopia query query trenches Rain reviews revisions Road Trip running running shoes snow Summer Super Bowl Tacos Thanksgiving The Morning Line time twitter Underworld: Awakening US Chili vacation Valentine's Day Waiting Weekend Weekend Debate winter writing