Archive for March 19th, 2012
Hi, you’ve reached Puddintopia.com. I’m sorry I have nothing interesting to offer you today, but I spent my day at a customer site for work contemplating their problems rather than titillating post topics to bring you a smidgen of insight and (potentially) a few idle chuckles. We apologize for the lack of decent material today and hope you will return tomorrow for the resumption of your regular daily dose of puddiny nonsense.
In the meantime, we here at Puddintopia.com are happy to suggest several activities which we feel likely to compare favorably as a substitute for reading this blog. Those include, but are not limited to:
flossing your teeth, polishing your shoes, doing your federal income taxes, counting bathroom tiles, or watching paint dry skydiving, bungee jumping, receiving your income tax return deposit, or finding some liquor-soaked leprechaun’s pot of gold at the end of a double rainbow.
Also, while, yes, it was a perfectly lovely afternoon for a drive to a offsite location an hour and a half away, all that pleasant windows-down, wind-in-my-hair travel time doesn’t quite make up spending 6 hours in a windowless room with concrete floors watching a software installer’s progress bar inch forward. As an added bonus, while enjoying my complimentary expense-paid lunch of Chipotle soft tacos, several stripes of black bean, um, “juice” spontaneously assaulted my customer-friendly collared shirt, insuring that I’d spend all afternoon looking like Homer Simpson at the all-you-can-eat taco bar.
Chalk one up in the personal shame column.
Anyway, Puddin’s sorry he missed your visit. Hopefully, the next time you stop by there might be something worthwhile to read. Or at least as “worthwhile” as usual.
If you’d like to leave a message, wait for the beep and then add a comment below. Puddin will get back to you at his earliest possible convenience, (i.e., once he’s changed his bean-covered shirt, put the kids to bed, and had a beer). If you require urgent assistance, seriously, what are you reading this blog for? Get help, doofus!
You are currently browsing the archives for Monday, March 19th, 2012
Find a rambling
Today’s Top Ramblings
- I call BS on the G-I-F
- School. Is. Out!
- How a book gets written
- A funny thing happened at bath time Saturday night
- Weekend Debate: Movies in theaters vs. Blu-Rays at home
- Sockless Saturdays signal success
- The last day of school and how it's Just. Not. Fair
- Whispers of my RPG-playing youth found on YouTube
Progress on OTHER THING48919 / 48919 words. 100% done!
- I've reached the point in the latest project, OTHER THING, that I need to fill in that BF in, uh, the next 5 hours. #comeonmuse #work 4 hours ago
- My last two novel outlines have had the same final bullet pts: - Big Finale, - Resolution. In neither case did I know what the BF would be. 4 hours ago
- School. Is. Out! wp.me/p2bkwa-1nc 5 hours ago
- I know Cincy consumes a vast qty of meat & beer annually, but I wonder how much cheese we go thru w/ the 3-Way heaps & coneys #somuchcheese 10 hours ago
- After yesterday's blog post, I feel like I'm gonna have to write an antagonist at some point named 'Xthanypses' (who'll go by 'Kevin', obvs) 14 hours ago
‘Cause Tag Clouds are Fun3-way agents A Memory of Light A movie in 100 words baseball beer birthday blogging Blue Ash Chili Christmas Cincinnati Cub Scouts Dixie Chili Dr. Seuss Famine haiku Hoperatives Kids Life limerick Longshots m & m's Monday NaNoWriMo Netflix pitch contests Pitch Madness puddintopia query reviews running running shoes snow Summer Super Bowl Thanksgiving The Morning Line US Chili vacation Valentine's Day Waiting Weekend Weekend Debate winter writing