Archive for March 19th, 2012
Hi, you’ve reached Puddintopia.com. I’m sorry I have nothing interesting to offer you today, but I spent my day at a customer site for work contemplating their problems rather than titillating post topics to bring you a smidgen of insight and (potentially) a few idle chuckles. We apologize for the lack of decent material today and hope you will return tomorrow for the resumption of your regular daily dose of puddiny nonsense.
In the meantime, we here at Puddintopia.com are happy to suggest several activities which we feel likely to compare favorably as a substitute for reading this blog. Those include, but are not limited to:
flossing your teeth, polishing your shoes, doing your federal income taxes, counting bathroom tiles, or watching paint dry skydiving, bungee jumping, receiving your income tax return deposit, or finding some liquor-soaked leprechaun’s pot of gold at the end of a double rainbow.
Also, while, yes, it was a perfectly lovely afternoon for a drive to a offsite location an hour and a half away, all that pleasant windows-down, wind-in-my-hair travel time doesn’t quite make up spending 6 hours in a windowless room with concrete floors watching a software installer’s progress bar inch forward. As an added bonus, while enjoying my complimentary expense-paid lunch of Chipotle soft tacos, several stripes of black bean, um, “juice” spontaneously assaulted my customer-friendly collared shirt, insuring that I’d spend all afternoon looking like Homer Simpson at the all-you-can-eat taco bar.
Chalk one up in the personal shame column.
Anyway, Puddin’s sorry he missed your visit. Hopefully, the next time you stop by there might be something worthwhile to read. Or at least as “worthwhile” as usual.
If you’d like to leave a message, wait for the beep and then add a comment below. Puddin will get back to you at his earliest possible convenience, (i.e., once he’s changed his bean-covered shirt, put the kids to bed, and had a beer). If you require urgent assistance, seriously, what are you reading this blog for? Get help, doofus!
You are currently browsing the archives for Monday, March 19th, 2012
Find a rambling
Project Tennyson (Draft Zero)55,910 / 50,000 chapters. 100% done!
Today’s Top Ramblings
- Search Terms, Revisited
- I Have Only One Thing To Say Today
- A Movie In 100 Words Or Less: Escape Plan
- A Gluttonous Reward For Finishing That Thing
- Search terms and a terrifying misuse of pudding
- Green Tasteless Beer (a poem for St. Patrick's Day)
- Weekend Debate: Kindle Fire HD vs Nook HD Tablets
- Mundane lunch haiku
- Search Terms, Revisited wp.me/p2bkwa-1sE 6 hours ago
- Oh! Oh! I almost forgot to #NSF this week! That would have been a selfing travesty buffalo! #NonSequiturFriday 9 hours ago
- RT @brendadrake: It's the quiet before the storm. #PitchMadness submission window opens this Monday, 3/10 from 12:01AM to 11:59PM EST. #get… 14 hours ago
- Yanno, I like that "Happy" song from Despicable Me 2, but I kinda liked it better a couple years ago when it was about a guy with new shoes 14 hours ago
- This just in: I still make poor life choices. #itssoooooopastbedtime 23 hours ago
‘Cause Tag Clouds are Fun3-way agents A Memory of Light A movie in 100 words baseball beer birthday blogging Blue Ash Chili books brownies Christmas Cincinnati Cincinnat Reds Cub Scouts dark chocolate Dixie Chili Dr. Seuss fall Famine goals goodreads haiku heat Hoperatives ice cream Kids Labor Day Life limerick Longshots m & m's Man of Steel Monday movies NaNoWriMo Netflix novel novels oompa loompas OTHER THING Pinewood Derby pitch contests Pitch Madness Project Macaroni Project Tennyson publishing puddintopia query query trenches Rain reviews revisions Road Trip running running shoes search terms snow spring Summer Super Bowl Thanksgiving The Attitude The Morning Line time twitter US Chili vacation Valentine's Day Waiting Weekend Weekend Debate winter work writing