Friday – Cincinnati Zoo plus writing
- Took kids to the zoo; spent much more time finding Wolf Woods than expected: check
Located Wolf Woods in time to get The Attitude home for late afternoon nap: check
Seriously, Wolf Woods was on our must see list the moment we walked into the park. Unfortunately, they don’t make it all that easy to find. Turns out you have to enter the Children’s Zoo in order to see either the Mexican Wolf or Grey Fox.
- Got home from the zoo around lunchtime and spent the afternoon completing chapter 13: umm…
Renewed pinkish hue of skin tone after 6 hours at the zoo: check
I picked up some serious sun last week during the Great Golf Adventure of Aught-Ten. Enough, in fact, that my ears were peeling this week. Yes, I know it’s disgusting. But honestly, everyone likes the peeling off portion of the sunburn. Not everyone will admit it. I’ll keep it real, though
Took advantage of the less dedicated writing time to think more about chapter 13 than write it: check
This might seem like a bad thing, but it isn’t. I’ve been struggling because what I wanted to happen in this chapter wasn’t quite right. I was sure about the expected end result, but wasn’t so sure how to get there. But then, as is common, the characters did what they wanted to do, which turned out Just Right.
Decided to watch Clash of the Titans on downloaded pay-per-view: partial check
Fell asleep half-way through. Not because the movie was bad, I’m just old and lame.
Saturday – Writing, writing, writing
- Sequestered in my office, I spent all day pounding on my keybord: Epic Fail!
Took the older two boys to ice skating lessons: check
Sometimes you just have to do “Dad stuff” and writing has to wait.
After lessons, made in impromptu, unscheduled stop at Skyline for lunch: check
Squeezed in some preliminary work on chapter 13 in during naptime: check
Not enough words, not enough progress.
Feeling a little stress from blowing the day’s writing goal, so decided to skip additional writing in favor of spending the evening at the Swim Club: check
A chorus of resounding cheers was sounded from the Kid Faction. It’s always okay to skip working to get the Resounding Cheer of Puddinlings.
Got home from the pool; put kids to bed; scorned writing again because Clash of the Titans pay-per-view was going to expire at midnight so finished movie instead: check
Come on, I spent good money on it. And it was an OK movie. Perhaps an Official Review will follow. Regardless, I was entertained.
Sunday: Writing, Birthday fun, hockey
- Got up early with the kids: check
- Left them to their own devices and starting writing: well…not really.
- Accomplished a myriad of Puddinette-approved home projects instead: check
Finally did some work on Chapter 13: check
And I was actually happy with it at the end (yay!)
- Grilled and consumed Epic Ribeyes for birthday celebratin’ at Mom and Dad’s: check
- Left Mom and Dad’s too early because I had a hockey game: check
- Won said hockey game: check
It was a good weekend. I’m tired now. Buenas noches!