Some days just beg to be quantified. Take today for instance:
- Work Projects That Had To Be Done: 1
- Hour Of The Day When I Realized I Forgot To Eat Lunch: 4
- Day Of NaNoWriMo: 3
- Words Written In November, so far: 0
- Days Left Of NaNoWriMo: 27, well, but not really, because Thanksgiving
- Words To Go: 50,000
- Work Projects Completed Today: 1
- Kids Chauffeured To Activities: 2
- Brain Activity Remaining: -100 Brain Units
- Odds Of Making Any Words Tonight: -1,000,000 Infinities (metric)
Oh, hey, also: Hi!
I know it seems an odd time to pop my head up out of the gopher-hole, but, you know, better today than…uh…on Mother’s Day? Still mostly alive over here, even if maybe I could possibly call and say hi more often. What can I say? Here today…um…wallowing in neck-high work projects next week. But, hey, stay tuned. Soon, soon, I tell you, There Shall Be A New Project.
And, heck, probably even a new word count meter.
I know. You can almost taste the excitement, right?
Well, maybe tomorrow.
Right now, everything tastes like sleepytimes and weariness to me.
And that’s pretty astounding when you figure I didn’t realize I didn’t eat lunch until 4 PM today.
Tomorrow maybe I’ll eat sooner.
And write something.